WHAT WE CAN OFFER
That depends on you. Your needs are unique. You may need basic information about the Storyline approach or a bespoke topic. Maybe you need CPD or ongoing staff support. Carol is happy to work with you in a way that suits you.
WATCH A SHORT VIDEO
SCHOOLS AND NURSERIES
INSET - whole/half day workshops
CPD - school, department, nursery
TRAINING - in writing Storylines
COURSES - tailored to your needs
UNIVERSITIES - Initial Teacher Education
TRAINING - in Storyline for staff and students
COURSES - standalone and integrated
MANUAL - course assignment support
RESEARCH - support and advice
CONFERENCES - planning, presenting
TRAINING - in Storyline for staff
STORYLINES - matched to school curriculum
SUPPORT - enhancing visitor experience
PROMOTION - of your philosophy
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
Carol has published 2 books about Storyline:
- Storyline: creative learning across the curriculum (2014) - costs £15 +post and package
- Storyline: developing eﬀective questioning (2017) - costs £10 + post and package
Storyline - creative learning across the curriculum
The purpose of this Ideas in Practice 7 Book is to give background information about Storyline, its philosophy, methodology and practical application. Planning grids are provided suggesting ideas for Storyline topics. These can be adapted to meet the needs of the children and the focus of the learning. They include details of the episodes, key questions, activities, organisation, resources, skills and linked assessments. The completed grids are for the following topics:
- The Wildlife Garden: for younger children in nursery or early years of primary school,
- The Healthy Café: age 7-11 years
- The Bead, Bag, Box and Card Company: age 7-14 years, this topic uses the skills required for enterprise education and can be adapted to suit younger children,
- Our Eco-Home: age 7-14 years and can be adapted to suit the first two years of secondary school and involves research into renewable energy.
This book is also available in the UK as an e-book and hard copy from www.ukla.org publications, cost £15 +post and package
Storyline - Developing effective questioning
In the context of Storyline, this book explores the following; the importance of questioning in children’s learning, questioning techniques, extending a questioning repertoire, questioning within a variety of contexts, expanded classroom exemplars, suggestions for professional development, and the importance of a supportive, safe and creative environment where every question is a learning opportunity for both adult and child.
The purpose of this companion book to Storyline: creative learning across the curriculum is to take a closer look at the effectiveness of questioning in a Storyline as an integral part of teaching and learning. In particular, it looks at the importance of effective questioning in order to encourage meaningful and purposeful discussion, the development of children’s higher order thinking skills and to widen their knowledge, deepen their understanding and problem solving abilities.
This book costs £10 + post and package.
- ‘They are really reader friendly and very practical, easy to use’
- ‘What is most interesting to me is the book about effective questioning because it is a powerful approach to learning and teaching, not only during a Storyline’
- 'Very practical’
- ‘You have now published two excellent books about your Storyline experience’
- ‘My students found it very interesting’
- ‘Your book is great; it will be very valuable for teachers’
- ‘It is good to have examples from the different Storyline topics’