HERE'S SOME OF OUR FEEDBACK
SCHOOLS AND NURSERIES What Teachers say about the Storyline Approach
- Working this way helps you to see how important it is to plan the activities and the assessment together and to have concrete evidence of children's successes and achievements.
- Using a Storyline approach has improved my teaching in other subject areas. I can’t wait to plan the next Storyline. The children have really enjoyed working in this way and feel their contributions are important and valued. Their voices are heard!
- It was good to discuss things, share ideas and work together with colleagues and to have clear learning goals and outcomes.
- It has given me back the joy of teaching. This approach is so useful across the curriculum.
- It has been very rewarding seeing the children's confidence grow and develop as independent learners.
- Planning is so important in the Storyline Approach. If you plan well you can build in flexibility.
- I thoroughly enjoyed today's training, I really like the creative approach. Being part of a Storyline helps you better understand how it works.
- This was one of the best learning opportunities I have engaged in over the past few years. It had a noticeable impact on engagement, my children's writing skills and ability to work as part of a team.
What Children say about the Storyline Approach
- It was very exciting, we didn’t know what was coming next.
- The activities really make you think a lot. The teacher listened to what we had to say.
- We really love the way our classroom looks. I liked telling about what I had done.
- We’ve learned lots but it doesn’t seem like hard work. It made learning fun. There were things I didn't know I could do.
- This is the best topic ever. It’s good when the teacher asks you what you think. It’s great, we’re in charge. I didn't know I could solve problems!
- Extremely practical and interesting
- We learned how to structure lessons and how to question.
- A great resource for creative learning and problem solving.
- How well Storyline equips pupils to deal with real life situations.
- There is no limit to the creativity of the children and where you can take it.
- Storyline can be used in a very versatile way.
- The importance of key questions and what they can do.
- Opportunities to be creative and have fun in a learning environment.
"Carol has helped us see the potential of our property, and other properties, in what we can offer to schools and visitors."