HERE'S SOME OF OUR FEEDBACK
SCHOOLS AND NURSERIES
What Teachers say about the Scottish Storyline Approach
- Working this way helps you to see how important it is to plan the activities and the assessment together and to have concrete evidence of children's achievements.
- Using a Storyline approach has improved my teaching in other subject areas. I can’t wait to plan the next Storyline. The children have really enjoyed working in this way.
- It was good to discuss things, share ideas and work together with colleagues.
- It has given me back the joy of teaching.
- It has been very rewarding seeing the children develop as independent learners.
What Children say about the Scottish Storyline Approach
- It was very exciting,we didn’t know what was coming next.
- The activities really make you think a lot. The teacher listened to what we had to say.
- We really love the way our classroom looks. I liked telling about what I had done.
- We’ve learned lots but it doesn’t seem like hard work. It made learning fun.
- This is the best topic ever. It’s good when the teacher asks you what you think. It’s great, we’re in charge. I didn't know I could solve problems!
- Extremely practical and interesting
- We learned how to structure lessons and how to question.
- A great resource for creative learning.
- How well Storyline equips pupils to deal with real life situations.
- There is no limit to the creativity of the children and where you can take it.
- Storyline can be used in a very versatile way.
- The importance of key questions and what they can do.
- Opportunities to be creative and have fun in a learning environment.
"Carol has helped us see the potential of our property in what we can offer to schools and visitors."